In the fast-paced realm of modern life, where time is often a luxury, having a well-functioning skincare routine cannot be overstated. Beyond the daily grind, your routine becomes a sanctuary, a momentary escape that not only caters to your skin but also nurtures your overall well-being.
I have found that over the years, when my routine falters then so does my health and well-being. A lot of the time, we know what we should be doing but putting it into practice can not always be so easy.
Here are a few things that I have to build into my routine regular to keep my mind, body and (without sounding too cheesy) soul on track...
Mindfulness is the art of being present, fully engaged in the moment. When applied to your skincare routine, it transforms a simple ritual into a mindful practice that extends beyond the surface. It's about more than just applying products; it's part of your self-care practice that can really be an enjoyable experience each day.
For example, just taking the time each evening to have some 'me-time' and locking yourself in the bathroom to do your skincare routine is sometimes just a little break but can give you your sanity back! Cleansing with a face cloth can be very soothing as well for some people. For me, I never feel like my face is clean and fresh without a face cloth and it helps me feel like I've really 'taken off the day'.
The Link Between Routine, Supplements, and Skincare
Your routine is not a singular act but a series of intentional steps. It's about understanding the link between your lifestyle, supplements, and skincare. Taking a moment each day to nurture your skin whether it be through skincare or diet and supplements, it is all about the long-term health of your skin and well-being.
1. Supplementing from Within
Incorporating high-quality supplements into your routine is a powerful way to fortify your skin from within. Skinade Collagen Supplement is a wonderful example. Formulated with superb quality vitamins and collagen, it amplifies your skin’s natural resilience, providing a foundation for glowing health.
2. Skincare as a Ritual
You must be mindful when you choose your skincare products and build a routine. The product ranges I stock not only attend to your skin's immediate needs but also contribute to a comprehensive skincare routine. If you're unsure where to start with skincare products, please do book an online consultation with me here to get yourself on the right path.
Building Your Mindful Skincare Routine
1. The Double Cleansing Ceremony: Begin with a gentle double cleanse, washing away the day’s impurities. My Cleansing Duo is a stunning way to start.
2. Supplemental Serums: Always try and incorporate a skin serum into your routine to boost your results. These don't always need to be the same everyday, be mindful of your skin and have a selection of serums to choose from depending on what your skin needs at the time. I love my Vitamin C serum to help brighten and hydrate the skin or the SkinBetter Science Clearing Serum or the Nimue Purifier Night when I'm a little more pimply.
3. Topical Creams: Apply your chosen skincare creams and oils on top, allowing their potent ingredients to infuse your skin with vitality.
4. Moment of Reflection: As you follow your routine, take a moment to reflect. Consider the intention behind each step, appreciating the journey toward radiant skin. I love to be mindful when it comes to my skincare routine. I appreciate sometimes we have to rush it, but if you can, be aware of the sensations when you apply products to your skin. Think about the smells and textures of products. Give yourself some time to actually enjoy your routine.
I love to finish with a couple of drops of The face oil warmed in my hands and then pressed onto my face. Take a deep breath into your hands before you apply to finish off your routine in style!
Your skincare routine is not merely a collection of products and steps; it's also a time for you and well-being. By using mindfulness in each moment, you are creating a skin that reflects not just the efficacy of your products but the intention behind your self-care journey.
Remember: it's not just about the routine; it's about the time you get to experience with yourself each day.
I hope you can find some time to create a self-care ritual into your routine, even if it's just once a week.
Thank you so much for reading,