With so much going around the media about 'viruses' and with us all being blown away with storms, I thought it was a good time to share my morning immune boosting drink. This is packed with vitamin C from the lemons and goji berries, plus contains some real goodness from the ginger to help with your gut health - and a healthy gut means healthy skin!
Now, first off, I can't guarantee that any colds will magically heal and that you will never get ill again. I would say though, if you research the benefits of ginger (and all the other ingredients in this drink), you will find lots of info on how it might help boost your system.
I love this drink either as a shot in the morning if I'm in a rush, or used as a base for a lovely morning tea.
I tend to make it in batches and store it in the fridge. It can last a few days if stored correctly.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 100g peeled ginger (chopped finely or grated)
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cinnamin sticks
- 2 tbsp Manuka honey
- Juice of 1 large lemon or 2 small ones
- 500ml boiled water
- In a saucepan, add the water, grated/chopped ginger root, goji berries, cinnamon sticks and turmeric and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly, then drain into a jug through a sieve
- Stir through the honey and lemon juice at the end
- Then pour into an airtight bottle/jug and store in the fridge once cooled
- To drink, either have it as a shot in the morning, or add boiled water to a shot size to make a warming tea
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. My favourite is to have it as a warming tea in the morning.
Thanks so much for reading,