They always say you should eat a rainbow of colours, so this is an excellent place to start.
Packed full of nutrients and full of flavour, it is a plate full of antioxidants and vitamins to help your skin cells turnover, fight free radicals and may even reduce the signs of ageing (if you eat enough of it!).
This is a great salad to serve with a barbecue or some grilled fish. Really fresh and crunchy - drizzle with a bit of Balsamic glaze if you want a little extra punch
Chinese Leaves shredded
2 handfuls of beansprouts
2 carrots chopped into fine batons
2 spring onions chopped in half and then thinly sliced lengthways
Chopped bunch of mint
Chopped bunch of coriander
1tsp. sesame seeds
Juice of ½ a lime
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp honey
Few drops of toasted sesame seed oil
1. Add the leaves, beansprouts, carrot and spring onion to a large bowl and mix together.
2. Smack the seeds out of the pomegranate and add to the salad mix
3. Add the mint and coriander
4. In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, sesame seed oil, soy sauce, sweet chilli, honey and salt and pour over the salad.
5. Toss the salad together and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds